Themis: The Voting Platform
By: Gabby Gorgonio | May 23, 2022
Know the power that resides within your hands, the awaited Themis is now here! People must know that the direction of the game is led by not only the team, but also the community. Such a platform that will give way to proposals, ideas, and more, will most certainly be a crucial part of the Pegaxy ecosystem.
What is Themis?
Themis is meant to be a voting platform where voices are heard! A platform where $PGX Holders can come together to vote on what to come next or to drop their suggestions, proposals, criticisms, and all that relates to the future of Pegaxy, then the team will come up with ways on implementing such into the game. Themis will ensure that communication is both convenient and efficient for both the community and the team!
Themis Beta Release
1. Home Page
In this page, you will be able to view proposals by other individuals, together with the option to create or proposals that are your own or related to you.
2. Submit Proposal
If you are eligible and wish to create a proposal, such can be done through the Submit Proposal button located on the upper right.
- An account is required to hold at least $500 USD worth of $PGX to submit a proposal.
- Proposals will be screened, ensuring that they follow the guidelines for a standard submission. Meme proposals, promotions, un-related, offensive, or anything else not considered constructive will not be passed on and posted.
Within a certain proposal, you will be able to find its basic information alongside various details:
- Problem – The raw idea, a use case, or something we’ve seen that motivates us to work on this
- Appetite – How much time we want to spend and how that constrains the solution
- Solution – The core elements we came up with, presented in a form that’s easy for people to immediately understand
- Rabbit holes – Details about the solution worth calling out to avoid problems
- No-gos – Anything specifically excluded from the concept: functionality or use cases we intentionally aren’t covering to fit the appetite or make the problem tractable
Altogether with important statistics such as Current Results, Votes, and when Voting Ends.
4. Cast your Vote
Located below the Proposal, are the options available on how to resolve the issue/suggestion at hand. Votes are to be finalized once the voting timer ends, and such can be seen on each proposal.
- an account is required to hold at least 1 $PGX to vote.
5. Comment Section
Below voting is a comment section for those who wish to discuss or speak about anything in regards to the proposal on hand. Each comment will display the user’s $PGX or other titles.
- An account is required to hold at least $100 USD worth of $PGX to comment.
This FAQs section has questions and answers written by Pegaxy’s very own CMO, Corey Wilton.
1. Does Themis govern Pegaxy?
- Currently it does not. It’s primary use-case is a centralized platform for users to submit, vote and comment on suggestions from the community. In short, it is a community voting and sentiment platform.
2 How are votes calculated?
- Initially, Themis takes direct PGX vs. PGX values. This is done to keep the platform simple and easy to use. However, in the future voting formula will be introduced (for example Quadratic voting), to increase the platforms security and reliability.
3. Does a winning or losing proposal guarantee implementation?
- No. Themis is a moderated and centralized platform designed to give the community a singular point of discussion for in-game proposals. Decentralization of Pegaxy is many years away, and guaranteeing implementation of proposals in current stage is highly ineffective.
4. Once I submit my vote, can I change it?
- Yes, you can change your vote if the countdown timer on the proposal has time remaining. Once the timer hits zero, votes will be snapshotted and you will no longer be able to change your vote.
5. How do I know the team did not manipulate a vote?
- All team wallets are registered and visible on Themis. When a team member comments, votes or submits a proposal, the community will be able to see this via an “earmark” on the proposal, comment or vote.
6. Do you have a tutorial video for using Themis?
The team has longed for this release, and we’re happy to have it out for all to utilize. Themis will be a platform where democracy for all things Pegaxy will show, uniting us in our singular goal of growing together for the long term. A powerful tool such as this will most definitely help in our process, so let’s take advantage!
Follow Pegaxy on their Facebook, Twitter, and join their Telegram and Discord to be the first to know of any news releases and updates.