Pega Insider 9: Livestream Recap
By: Gabby Gorgonio | May 3, 2023
Pega Insider 9:
Pega Insider 9 is here to let our devoted Pegaxians know about the exciting developments and innovations at Mirai Labs for our new skill-based Pegaxy game.
As a tradition, Corey Wilton, our CEO, takes the time throughout this section to discuss some of the new features and sneak peeks we have in store and answer some of the community’s pressing issues and concerns.
We realize how passionate our Pegaxians can be, so Corey ensured he was well-prepared with all the crucial facts you’d want to know. So if you’re looking for a deep dive into the exciting world of Pegaxy and what is to come, check out Pega Insider 9 and hear us out.
Check out our recording of the insider within Pegaxy’s Official Youtube Channel.
Closed Alpha Skill-Based:
Testing is essential for a game as it helps to identify issues and improvements we may have for the game’s performance, playability, and overall quality.
As we start testing to have data for development, we will release a Closed Alpha Version of our new skill-based game.
Access to the Alpha Version will be for a small group of users selected by our team, winners of giveaways, and more.
Participate and join our community to find out as we choose more members for this testing!
Some Leaks from Pega Insider 9:
New Roadmap & Whitepaper:
Check out our new Roadmap that outlines our plans for the development of the new game.
Pegaxy has recently released its new Whitepaper, a comprehensive and informative document outlining the key features and mechanics of their upcoming game.
We strongly advise all users to read it thoroughly and carefully before participating in testing the game.
1. What is the plan for the game’s currency and how will it be associated in V2?
We still use VIS and PGX in our skill-based gameplay.
Silver locked VIS is used to upgrade Pega, Skills, Purchasing Items and so on.
PGX can be used to buy hard currency for other in-game purchases.
2. There’s no breeding feature in skill-based gameplay, is there a way to acquire a new Pega?
Yes, players can acquire new Pega models by opening Chests, with both tradable and untradeable options available.
Untradeable Pegas are rewarded based on the player’s total trophies.
Tradable Pegas can be purchased from the shop or opened from bought chests.
3. Will the Pega involved in the initial testing retain their earned skills etc. when the game eventually goes live for all?
The Pega involved in the initial testing phase will only retain their earned skills during the testing period, and there will be a complete reset once the game launches for everyone.
4. When do we aim to have V1 to V2 conversion happens, is it same time once we have connect to wallet feature?
5. Do you consider moving to Ronin as both Sky Mavis and Mirai have similar values, making them great partners.
Corey states that this has always been a consideration but never much beyond that. We are always open to opportunities!
6. Can players rent a pega in V2, and if so, what will be the process for doing so?
Skill-based does not have a renting or scholar system, but we may explore these possibilities in the future as the game progresses.
7. What are the plans for PGX staking, and when can players expect this feature to be implemented?
Until there is a really good incentive for players to do, we believe holding off will be wise for the development and economy.
8. When can players expect the leaderboard feature to be added to the game, and what will it entail?
We plan to have a global leaderboard and seasonal leaderboards and reward based on rank.
Keep in mind that these ideas are still in the planning phase and have yet to be finalized, but we expect to have more.
9. What are the plans for a stadium in the game, and when can players expect to see it added?
Corey states that Stadiums are still one of the things he is most excited to explore with everyone.
As we plan for what the stadiums do/will become, we need to make sure that the game can give reasoning to ownership.
10. What steps is the team taking to attract investors and ensure the sustainability of the game?
The team is doing a lot, approximately 1 month ago Mirai Labs has hired their head of user acquisition who is working alongside Corey to prepare for the traditional marketing work that we need to do to expand.
11. What perks will NFT PFP holders have in the skill-based game?
Any perk a PFP holder would get is more likely to go to a founding holder.
12. Will there be future airdrops for players to participate in?
There will be future airdrops, also future sales of items. There’s so much more to come.
1. If there is no breeding, what would VIS’ utility be?
VIS is the primary in-game currency, its uses are stated above. Upgrading Pega, Skills, and Purchasing Items…
As we build more, there are more features and more reasons to use Silver VIS.
2. When will VIS & PGX be on a Centralized Exchange?
While this may create a temporary pump in hype, a token will come down if there is no utility for it.
We look to focus on building the game first, this is not a priority at the moment.
3. If there is no breeding, how will we experiment based on genetics & skills?
The game will differ from before as it now has many layers. Understanding how to play the game well is more than ever a deciding factor.
There will be ways to attack Pega, strategically use stats, items, skills and abilities, etc.
4. Who is the target market for the game?
Closed Alpha will run for two weeks to a month, after which we will analyze the data. We will then improve it and go forward based on what we see.
We need more data to make improvements whether we conduct a Beta phase or further testing. After our soft launch, we will undertake user acquisition as a traditional game and a Web 3 game, this ranges from traditional content development to even the use of advertisements to broaden our reach.
We will most likely focus on Asia and the US market. Asia since the franchise is well-known there, and the United States because it is the most profitable for gaming studios. Aside from that, our next moves will be dependent on the data.
5. Will VIS be usable in other Mirai Labs games?
VIS will be used largely off-chain, but also within games. However, we intend that PGX will be present across all games. There will undoubtedly be perks for Pegaxy users in the other games, such as early access, assets, and so on.
6. What will the people with 2,000 Pega do with their Pega?
Regarding the new version, you will have much more utility for those Pega. Upgrades are possible, and you may use Pega Swap to transform your V1 Pega into a V2 Pega, among other things.
7. How can you be part of Beta testing?
Currently, how we will be doing Beta is undecided. But for Alpha, we will be having giveaways and selecting from our community.