Drop Racing & Consumables
By: Gabby Gorgonio | July 25, 2022
Another feature that users can come to enjoy is now live in Pegaxy! Introducing the Drop Racing & Consumables system! This system offers players another way to utilize their energy and make the most of what they have with their awards.
With Drop Racing, users are able to get more exciting items by using their energy to obtain rewards; this new system will have a ‘chest and key’ structure where users can obtain different consumables to use in-game for various purposes.
Different chests house the various consumables that can be won., Here are some important details you should know!
1. You will be able to select a Drop Racing Lobby.
2. When you win a race, you are presented with the following key fragments:
- 1st – 3 Key Fragments
- 2nd – 2 Key Fragments
- 3rd – 1 Key Fragment
Key Fragments can be used to create a Key.
- 30 Key Fragments = 1 Key
3. There is a 20% chance of obtaining a “chest” if you come first.
- There are 11 obtainable chest types:
- Fire Stat Chest
- Water Stat Chest
- Wind Stat Chest
- Lightning Stat Chest
- Speed Stat Chest
- Strength Stat Chest
- Reduce Race Cooldown Chest
- Fire Chroma Chest
- Water Chroma Chest
- Wind Chroma Chest
- Lightning Chroma Chest
- The type of chest you obtain will be defined by the type of arena you are racing in.
- Fire Lobby = Fire Chest
- Water Lobby = Water Chest
- Wind Lobby = Wind Chest
- Lightning Lobby = Lightning Chest
- All lobbies have a chance of obtaining these chests:
- Reduce Race Cooldown Chest
- Strength Chest
- Speed Chest
- The drop rates for the types of chest are as follows:
- Skin Chroma: 30%
- Reduce Race Cooldown: 14%
- Strength Chest: 14%
- Speed Chest: 14%
- Stat Chest: 28%
- When you open a chest, you have a chance to get an item at 5 different rarities.
- Uncommon: 50%
- Rare: 25%
- Epic: 15%
- Legendary: 7%
- Mythic: 3%
Drop racing is an alternative method of racing, where users race for items rather than standard VIS-based rewards. These rewards allow users to alter their Pegas to gain competitive advantages within their desired arenas.
In order to open a chest, you are required to fuse a key from key fragments:
- 30 Key Fragments = 1 Key
- You are required to use 1000 VIS to fuse a key
- There is only one available type of key, and it can open all types of chests.
Your item rewards from Drop Racing will be added to your own “Locked Item” tab. In order to use your items, claim your consumables from there! You need to verify the item by clicking “claim” to mint it into your wallet. The team created this procedure in order to prevent cheating and duplication of assets.
Types of Consumables
- Stat-Based Consumables
- These are consumables that a Pega can utilize in order to alter its stats. This type of consumable can either be a stat UP or stat DOWN.
- Cooldown-Based Consumables
- This type of consumable can be used in order to lessen cooldowns on racing for a Pega.
- Skin Chroma Consumables
- Skin Chroma consumables allow the change of color for a Pega, providing customizability for those who wish to change the appearance of their asset.
Cost of Consumable Usage
Application of any consumable has its $VIS costs:
Race Cooldown Reduction
Legendary & Founding
It is important to note that all items except the key fragments can be sold on the marketplace!
Stat Chests Up & Down
When a user obtains an X up or down; they can apply it to the Pega to increase or decrease a certain stat. The amount will depend on the rarity they have obtained. The stat change is permanent, not temporary.
- X UP
- Uncommon | 1
- Rare | 2
- Epic | 3
- Legendary | 4
- Mythic | 5
- X DOWN
- Uncommon | -1
- Rare | -2
- Epic | -3
- Legendary | -4
- Mythic | -5
You cannot go higher than 9 or lower than 0 regardless of how much the “Stat’ modifier is meant to increase/decrease.
Racing cooldowns are self-explanatory, they reduce the cooldowns for a given Pega. They can be applied to a Pega as many times as the user wants.
- Racing Cooldown
- Uncommon | 2-Day Reduction
- Rare | 4-Day Reduction
- Epic | 6-Day Reduction
- Legendary | 8-Day Reduction
- Mythic | 10-Day Reduction
Skin Chroma consumables allow your Pega to change color based on your chosen part. Each chroma item will have a different color codex selection depending on its rarity, higher rarity allows for more customization in color.
- Color Codex
- Uncommon | 4 Color Codex
- Rare | 6 Color Codex
- Epic | 8 Color Codex
- Legendary | 10 Color Codex
- Mythic | 14 Color Codex
How to access Consumables/Items?
1. Check your “My Assets” in the Pegaxy dashboard.
2. You will then be able to find “Items”, pick the category you wish to preview.
3. If opening a chest, the user must own at least 1 key.
4. For item usage, select a Pega, and then “Use” your selected item.
5. Different items have different use instructions; in the photo below, a skin chroma consumable of epic rarity was chosen.
Can Pega parents that have altered statistics from consumables be passed down to offspring?
- Yes, Pega statistics altered by consumables can be passed down via breeding and genetic fusing!
Can Pega parents that have altered color from consumables be passed down to their offspring?
- Yes, color alterations from parents are passed down to their offspring. It will inherit the current color of parents via breeding and genetic fusing!
Are Stat changes and Colour changes permanent?
- Yes, these changes are all permanent.
What Pega can enter Drop Racing mode?
Pega’s that can enter this mode are:
- ✅ Direct Rented Pega
- ✅ Fixed/Paid Rent (PGX)
- ✅ Owned Pega
❌ Public/Share profit Pega will not be able to enter this mode.
My pega is rented via direct rental but I cannot see the options on who will receive the key fragments and chest boxes.
- Take back your pega and rent it out again via direct rent. In order to see the new feature, it needs to be on the new Renting Contract.
- By default, the owner will receive the key fragments and chest boxes. Scholars will need to talk to the Pega owner to change this.
Can players who rent my Pega use consumables to permanently change their stats?
- No, only the Pega’s owner can apply consumables.
We hope that you come to utilize this feature to the best of your ability, as managing these rewards and their effects could be a strategy in crafting an amazing Pega! Please take advantage of your knowledge of the Drop Racing & Consumables system, and we hope to see you all racing on the racetracks!
Follow Pegaxy on their Facebook and Twitter, and join their Telegram and Discord to be the first to know of any news releases and updates.