Using Trezor for Pegaxy
By: Gabby Gorgonio | February 3, 2022
Got yourself some assets that you can’t afford to lose? Want to make sure all of them are secured? This is a tutorial on handling your Pega and any of your tokens with trezor!
What is Trezor?:
Trezor is a hardware wallet capable of storing your assets, like your cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and etc.
It’s an extra layer of safety to your Metamask wallet as it requires you to confirm your transactions in real life before anything gets out of your wallet. Think of it as a way to prevent hackers from draining your wallet without your consent!
REMINDER: NEVER GIVE YOUR SEED PHRASE TO ANYONE FOR ANYTHING.
Setting up/Transferring to Trezor:
- Setup your Trezor by following the instructions that were provided by the hardware wallet.
- On your Metamask while your Trezor is plugged in, Connect Hardware Wallet.
- Select an account to import/create.
- If you are transferring assets you can send by Metamask, Simply send your token to the address of your Trezor!
Setting up/Transferring a Pega to Trezor:
- If you are transferring a Pega, make sure your Pega is in a resting state.
A Pega that is in “RENTING” state (left) vs A Pega that is in “RESTING” state (right).
- Click on Transfer to continue sending your Pega.
- Continue by placing the address of your Trezor wallet! Double-check to make sure.
My Pega is now in Trezor… Now what?:
- If you transferred a Pega into another account within the same Metamask wallet, BE SURE WAIT TO 24 HOURS before using any account within your Metamask wallet. It is against our Account Usage Policy to have multiple accounts within one wallet playing the game, to avoid this WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE PLAYING AGAIN.
- Every transaction you partake in will require a confirmation with your hardware wallet, but it is most definitely worth it for the safety. It is in your best interest to have your assets safe!
Congratulations, you have now learned how to protect your assets in this space a lot better than others! It’s always better to be safe, so be sure to invest in your security! Check out our other articles for support!
Follow Pegaxy on their Facebook, Twitter, and join their Telegram and Discord to be the first to know of any news releases and updates.