Pegaxy Breeding Guide
By: admin | January 5, 2022
The best way to get more VIS is to get more Pega, and the most cost-effective way to get more Pega is to do this by breeding! Lucky for you, we got you covered on all the need-to-know and the step-by-step process on how you can start breeding your Pegas!
Why would I want to breed my Pegas?:
As a breeder, you are capable of building more Pega! We all know that the more Pega you have, the more $VIS you can gain, and having more $VIS is the name of the game when it comes to multiple factors; whether you…
- Plan on breeding Pegas to either use or sell.
- Provide $VIS to the liquidity pool for rewards! (see our article on how to provide liquidity.)
- Buying gears & food for your Pegas (feature to be included soon!)
- Selling your tokens in the market, and many more!
Having more $VIS is essential, and isn’t it wonderful to know that the token you earn has many features to be used on?
Showcased above is a table portraying the cost to breed a new Pega.
These numbers are the main factor to consider when breeding a new Pega. Remember to be updated on the breed cost chart as there may be economic changes along the way as the game progresses for the cost of $VIS and the cost of $PGX when it comes to breeding.
- Breeding a 0/7 Pega with a 0/7 Pega will cost 4000 $VIS and 30 $PGX.
- Breeding a 1/7 Pega with a 2/7 Pega will cost 10000 $VIS and 30 $PGX.
- Breeding a 2/7 Pega with a 5/7 Pega will cost 32000 $VIS and 30 $PGX.
Pegaxy Bloodline Feature:
Showcased above is a table portraying breed offsprings for Pegaxy’s bloodline feature.
With Hoz (Dark Red) as its rarest bloodline and Zan (Pink) as the least rare bloodline, this ideology came from the Founding Pega sale, where Hoz had the most limited supply.
Offspring is guaranteed to be the lesser rare bloodline whenever these Pega’s are cross-bred. So as an example:
Breeding a Hoz with a Hoz would guarantee a Hoz.
However, breeding a Hoz with a Klin would guarantee its offspring as the lesser rare bloodline, Klin.
Be sure to know your bloodlines before you breed in order for you to be certain of what comes after!
Pegaxy Breed Types (Rarity) Feature:
Showcased above is a table portraying breed offsprings for Pegaxy’s breed type feature.
The best way to see this is to understand that Founding Pega is the start of all Pegas, therefore its rarity is the highest. The breed type table above must be in confluence with the bloodline table! Due to recent updates, the breed-type of a Pega is not only for the exclusivity factor, it now correlates to their earnings!
Read this article to learn more!
Good examples of breeding:
- Breeding a Founding Hoz with another Founding Hoz will result in a Legendary Hoz.
- Breeding a Legendary Hoz with an Epic Campona will result in a Rare Campona.
- Breeding an Epic Klin with a Pacer Zan will result in a Pacer Zan.
Understanding both tables are vital to know what rarity and bloodline will come out as an offspring. Break both tables into two parts in order to have easier understanding on how they work.
Pegaxy Breeding Chances:
Showcased above is a table portraying Pegaxy’s Breeding Chances for offspring breed type.
Breeding now allows for more surprises.
Breeding a Pacer with another Pacer now allows for a 2% chance to get a Rare Pega! The graphic above shows odds for all available parent pairs.
Example: Breeding two Epic Pega would create a baby, and that new Pega’s breed-type would depend on the odds as shown:
16% Pacer / 72% Rare / 7% Epic / 5% Legendary
Pegaxy Racing & Breeding Cooldown Times:
As of the 3/4/2022 UPDATE of Pegaxy, there has been substantial changes to the different Bloodlines’ Race/Breed Cooldown.
Showcased above is a table portraying a Cooldown Guide for Adult Pega and Baby Pega.
Newborn Pega Racing CD (UPDATED):
- Zan – Newborn Zans’ will take 24h before racing.
- Klin – Newborn Klins’ will take 48h before racing.
- Campona – Newborn Camponas’ will take 72h before racing.
- Hoz – Newborn Hoz’ will take 96h before racing.
Adult Pega Breeding Cooldown (UPDATED):
- Hoz – Adult Hoz’ will take 24h before breeding again.
- Campona – Adult Camponas’ will take 48h before breeding again.
- Klin – Adult Klins’ will take 72h before breeding again.
- Zan – Adult Zans’ will take 96h before breeding again.
All Pega (no matter what bloodline):
- All Adult Pegas will have a 96 hour cooldown for racing after being used for breeding.
NOTE: These cooldowns can COMPOUND.
As an example, breeding an adult Hoz would give it a 4 DAY COOLDOWN for racing… Breeding them again the next day will add up to a 7 DAY COOLDOWN. ( 4 days – 1 day + 4 days )…
- All Newborn Pegas will not be able to breed for 96 hours.
This is put in order to slow down the breeding of Pegas (the only source of $VIS creation), giving the team more time to develop more utility/features for a more stable economy.
Currently the gender of a baby Pega is decided on a 50/50 basis. There are no external factors at this point in time that can dictate the gender of a newborn Pega.
In the future, we may introduce an NFT Food type that could alter the % chance of a male or female newborn Pega, however this is not currently active.
Pegaxy Breeding; Step-by-step:
Now that you have learned all the basics, here is a simple breeding tutorial!
1. Make sure your Pega is in Resting state so it shows up for breeding.
A Pega that is in “RENTING” state (left) vs A Pega that is in “RESTING” state (right).
2. Go to the breeding tab, or https://play.pegaxy.io/breeding
3. Pick 2 Pegas (Male & Female) to pair and breed.
4. Click on Breed, type in your desired name, and approve your Pegas to continue.
In this example, I am breeding a 1/7 Pacer Zan together with a 0/7 Pacer Zan.
5. Once approved, another Breed button will appear. Once pressed, your Pegas will breed.
6. A pop-up will notify you that a new Pega has been born!
7. Check your Stable (My Assets), and there you will find your newly bred Pega! Congratulations!
We at Pegaxy hope that this was insightful enough to help you start on your Pega breeding journey! Remember to use your assets responsibly and know the risks to any of your investments.
Follow Pegaxy on their Facebook, Twitter, and join their Telegram and Discord to be the first to know of any news releases and updates.