DO NOT GET SCAMMED! We never DM first!
By: Gabby Gorgonio | February 10, 2022
Pegaxy’s growth in popularity has been clear as day, and with having more users, come people who wish to commit fraud in order to take advantage of the unsuspecting.
This is not a guide, but a reminder that THE TEAM WILL NEVER DM YOU FIRST, and will never ask for any private information (such as your Seed Phrase, Private Key, etc…)
Why do we try to NOT DM FIRST?
Imagine this scenario, you’ve been minding your own business, then suddenly you get messaged by a Core Team Member! “Why would that be?” You ask. You see these instructions they ask you to do, you follow them thinking that they were from Pegaxy’s Official Discord and that they have your best interest in mind…
Only to then find out, you were scammed! Either your wallet was compromised due to their link, or you input private information meant to be known by no one else!
WE TRY NOT TO DM TO MAKE SURE THAT NO ONE GETS FOOLED BY IMPERSONATORS!
Anything that could be talked about regarding Pegaxy, can be talked about in the Official Discord server. This is more for the safety of the users and their hard-earned money, let’s follow and make sure that we don’t become victims to scammers!
What do scammers usually do?
Scammers usually start off by messaging while having a familiar name, such as a Pegaxy Core Team Member or a Moderator.
- They may ask you to go to a website they created to then have you sign a contract to compromise your wallet.
- They may ask you for your seed phrase & private key, which is something you should never share!
- They may ask you to type in sensitive information that they may hold as blackmail.
- They may promise you something back if you send them x amount of x token.
- They may act friendly at first, but then take advantage of you the moment you feel safe with them.
REMEMBER: If it’s Pegaxy related, why not just talk on the Discord Server? We have 24/7 Support!
Be safe out there, Pegaxians! Stay vigilant, may your assets stay yours.
Follow Pegaxy on their Facebook, Twitter, and join their Telegram and Discord to be the first to know of any news releases and updates.