Youtube Recap: Will Pega Stats Matter?
By: Gabby Gorgonio | March 17, 2022
Link to the full video: https://youtu.be/At65lNVEroU
In a video posted on 2022/11/03 at Pegaxy’s Official Youtube Channel; Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer, Corey Wilton discussed the possible upcoming updates to the game, and the direction it will be heading toward!
“The time has come for Pegaxy to evolve as a game… Most of you probably already know that there are many changes coming into the game that may introduce skill & strategy to racing and breeding.”
Here are some highlights that Corey said in the video:
- “I want to give you guys an introduction to how skill will be affecting racing, and its inspirations behind all these changes.”
- “We actually drew our inspiration from real world horse-racing mechanics.”
- “In the real world, the velocity of a horse can actually be mapped into different stages. Initial acceleration stage, deceleration into a pacing stage, and then a final burst. The racing speed will actually follow a similar structure.”
- “The stats of the horse are going to be influenced by the different parts of the stadium.”
- “Of course our utmost goal here is to provide balance toward racing mechanics. There’s multiple ways for us to go about this. Different stadiums, different debuffs & buffs, and I will touch up on that in a future video.”
- “For now the most important thing for you guys to know is, stats matter in this update.”
- “The alpha version that you guys have now, was basically more of a stepping stone to get you guys involved in Pegaxy while we were developing the actual game.”
- “Introducing stat-based gameplay is basically the first introduction of change when it comes to moving away from a sure-win independent of skill and strategy, to a strategy based game.”
- “Like I said from day one, we want the most skilled, the most knowledgeable, the people who spend the most time inside the game, to determine how much reward they get.”
“Most of you obviously knew this was coming, the time is not right now as I am filming, but its pretty damn close. It’s very very exciting times, guys.”